Friday, September 25, 2015

Eastern Conference Power Rankings

Now that I finished off the games to gun for for the eastern conference, I figured I know enough to do some rankings.


Somebody has to be king of the Mountain
Creative Commons: Travis

1. Utica Comets
 - No doubt, cream of the crop right here.

2. Toronto Marlies
- I think Marlies will continue to nip at Utica's heels.

3. Hartford Wolf Pack
- Hartford is coming off of a strong year, they will continue to be hungry, even though it kills me to say that.

4. Binghamton Senators
-I know I just called them middle of the pack, but I have a hunch they rise a bit just to stay competitive.

5.Wilkes Barre-Scranton Penguins
-Perpetual Play-off contender. This year will be no different.

6. St. Johns IceCaps
-New look and a new team will be enough to energize this affiliate to great things.

7. Hershey Bears
- The bears are almost always in the mix. Just not the same way the Penguins have been lately though.

8. Springfield Falcons
-I think the new look might be enough to get them into the play-off mix this year. I may just be overly optimistic though.

9. Syracuse Crunch
- They were in the playoffs last year, I think they're in the hunt but with the new alignments and new look teams, might not have what it takes.

10. Providence Bruins
-Might be in the mix, but big brother might be pulling too many players this year to keep little brother functional.

11. Rochester Americans
- With the historical season, their division might be too tough so prepare for Rochester to bank on the history, and not the scoreboard.

12. Lehigh Valley Phantoms
-Not a good start being sub 500 last year, I expect Lehigh to not do too much more, but make some improvement.

13. Portland Pirates
-Portland is the definition of a yo-yo team. They are coming off of a good year, I am anticipating a bad year to follow up.

14. Albany Devils
They were above .500 the past two years, this year they dip back below it. They are in what might be the most competitive division. They will take a huge step back into their comfort zone this year.

15. Bridgeport Sound Tigers
-Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Yeah.

Honestly, this is mostly arbitrary. It's pretty early, and perhaps too early to tell, but its just an initial assessment. I'm sure the rest will show great change over the course of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment